The Dreaded Playtest
Human Male Fighter
- Parry: On receiving melee hit, take reaction to roll N dice and/or skill die. Reduce damage taken by sum.
- Glancing Blow: On melee weapon miss with attack roll 10+, spend N dice. Roll and deal damage of highest. Weapon damage type applies but effects don’t.
- Lunge: Spend 1 die to increase melee attack reach by 5’.
1 Feat “Durable” provides an extra HP per level when taking static HP instead of rolling. Feat “Toughness” provides an extra HP per level.
2 Feat “Durable” confers Advantage when rolling Hit Dice to recover HP.
|Halberd||10 ft.3||+6||1d10+4 Slashing|
|Throwing Axe (3)||20/80 ft.||+6||1d6+4 Slashing|
3 Halberd has reach (10 ft. range) when attacking, but not at other times for purposes of “within reach” (e.g. opportunity attacks).
- Size: Medium
- Languages: Common
- Vision: Normal
- Proficiencies: All armor, shields, and weapons
- Fighting Style: Juggernaut
- Level 1 Maneuver: Glancing Blow
- Level 2 Maneuver: Lunge
- Level 4 Maneuver: Disarm
- Level 8 Maneuver: Shove Away
- Level 10 Maneuver: Whirlwind Attack
- Durable: Advantage on die rolls for gaining Max HP and for recovering using Hit Dice.
- Toughness: +1 Max HP per level.
- Skills: Heal, Intimidate, Sense Motive, Survival
- Trait: You Get What You Need
Race Bonus: +2 Strength, +1 all other abilities.
Class Bonus: +1 Constitution.
Experience / To Next Level: 2250 / 4750
|Qty||Item||Value (gp)||Weight (lb)|
|(backpack, healer’s kit, mess kit, 50 ft. hemp rope, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days’ rations, waterskin)|
|2||Potion of healing||50||2|
|Total carried (lb)||130.3|
Red is of modest height but powerful build. His most distinctive feature (whence his nickname arises) is his long, unkempt red hair. His weathered, sun-beaten face looks as though it’s seen about thirty years, at least when his hair isn’t obscuring it. He wears a suit of scale mail that looks like it’s seen better days. He carries with him a sturdy, evidently well-used halberd, which he uses alternatively as walking staff and weapon.
He has, along with the rest of the survivors of the shipwreck, recently acquired a short vertical scar centered on his forehead.
According to Red, he’s been adventuring in Solandir for a few years now. He hopped on a ship to Valindor out of nothing more than wanderlust; he’s seen enough of this country and wants to explore a new land. He rarely speaks of his life before he became an adventurer, though he has, perhaps, let on that he was once in the army, one night when he was in his cups.
Red speaks with a low, gravelly voice that makes him seem older than he looks. His posture, under ordinary circumstances, seems to be slightly stooped, causing his hair to sweep forward in front of his face; he is therefore frequently seen brushing it back. In combat, however, he moves and acts with a warrior’s mien, and if he’s truly feeling his age at all, it’s hard to tell.